Andreas Orfanos wrote:
> Eclipse is very slow. I tried to move to Eclipse 3.2 my development
> process. But it didn't work for me. Creating projects with
> a few thousand files I managed to crash Eclipse a few times. It was
> unworkable IDE.
I agree, i had to use Carbide.C++ for 6 months for a student work i did
for a company. And i must say i DONT want use it again.

Question: What do you get when you combine Java programming environment
made with Java, and a half functional C++ plugin to it?

Answer: Slow and poorly functioning IDE.

My recommendation: Go with Anjuta. To me as a programmer it is not
important whether i know the IDE before hand, most IDE's are pretty
similar in the end. What is REALLY REALLY REALLY important is that it
WORKS!. And Carbide / Eclipse doesnt. Not for C++. The really important
thing is that Anjuta is designed for GTK + C, and that the GTK people
seem to be heading that way. What Maemo should do is to go with the
flow, not to whander or somewhere else.

--
Arto Karppinen