On 31/07/07 13:11 +0300, Lauri Leukkunen wrote:
> On 31/07/07 11:56 +0300, ext Marius Vollmer wrote:
> > That way, all binaries can be replaced that are used a lot during
> > compilation and are too slow to be emulated: /bin/sh, m4, awk, make,
> > perl, gcc, binutils, but not much more.  Packages like autoconf,
> > automake, libtool are never redirected since they are interpreted
> > anyway.
>
> You could implement this as a mapping mode for sb2, by simply doing
> export SBOX_MAPPING_MODE=your_mode
> you could switch to whatever you like. Just put your custom rules into
> scratchbox/shared/scratchbox2/redir_scripts/preload/your_mode
> and you're all set.
>
> You could take the current "emulate" mode as a template and start adding
> to that your exceptions.
>
> I'll add a command line switch for sb2 to support selecting the mapping
> mode.

It's now in the sbox2 git.

sb2 -m your_mode

sb2 -e is equivalent to running sb2 -m emulate

If you want to store your custom redir_scripts in $HOME/redir_scripts,
you could setup a bash alias:

alias sb2='sb2 -m your_mode -s $HOME/redir_scripts'

then run sb2 as usual. To make maintenance easier you could make
$HOME/redir_scripts/main.lua a symlink to the installed one.

The mapping cache may sometimes fail to update itself correctly, deleting
it manually from $BUILDROOT/.sb2cache will solve the problem. I'm working
on fixing this.

/lauri