On 7/31/07, Carlos Guerreiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What happens on top of the Maemo platform is a different discussion
> altogether.

FWIW, I think that there is a distinction between "maemo" the platform
and the ITOS firmware that not everyone has grasped. Maemo is mostly
open, a lot more open than the ITOS firmware. I think most of the
people agitating for Nokia to open stuff want to be able to run free
software exclusively on their device (at least, that's what I want).
This could be a different distribution (e.g. Angstrom), or just a
different environment (e.g. GPE). I think many people want usable
stuff they can use on their device, not just SDK stuff for developers.
My two cents, anyway.

At least, this is what I assume you mean when you talk about what is
"on top" of the Maemo platform.

--
Andrew Barr

We matter more than pounds and pence,