On 8/30/07, Austin Che <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>     I've been wondering: what is the performance hit for not going
>     through gstreamer? So based on my understanding, going through
>     gstreamer, the mp3 is decoded on the DSP. Supposing it was decoded
>     on the cpu and sent out through alsa, which of the following is
>     likely to be true:

Well I can only say this - my experience now using osso media player instead
of gstreamer is that I can play, pause, start and stop my MP3 media stream
without affecting the frame rate of my game, and if it's not affecting my
frame rate, I'm unconcerned with if it happens in the DSP or not ;-)

Also, Kagu is very good on battery life when using it, so I'm not too
concerned about battery suck with it.

 But obviously I'm no expert - I've only used it for a day.