On Nov 14, 2007 9:35 AM, Martin Grimme <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,

> Nokia already fulfilled our wishes for Flash 9, Mozilla-based webbrowser,
> swap-space, SDHC support, hw keyboard, GPS, Xcomposite, Bluetooth audio, so
> why not Java and OpenGL as well? I'm confident that at least OpenGL on maemo
> is not far away. :)

It turns out that Android does not execute Java bytecode at all, but
its own (so far proprorietary) bytecode format that is compiled from
Java source code. So a JVM on Maemo would not be able to execute
Android apps - only the Dalvik VM (part of Android) can do that.
Neither can Dalvik execute regular Java apps.

Claes