On Mon, 2007-11-12 at 14:05 +0200, ext Ed Bartosh wrote:

> I agree with that, but not 100%. We shouldn't wait for Nokia, we can
> start checking packages from extras-devel for upgradeability. If we
> manage to do that with our packages only it would help a lot to improve
> the whole situation with upgrades.

One decision to be made (it looks like the sooner = the better) is to
close direct access to extras while opening and promoting extras-devel
as easy entry point.

Otherwise we may risk trying to convince app developers in extras to
push out their releases if they don't qualify (although specially at the
beginning I would be as soft/hard as until now).

--
Quim Gil - http://maemo.org