On Nov 22, 2007 6:29 AM, Quim Gil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-11-08 at 09:14 +0000, ext Andrew Flegg wrote:
>
> >   * All the different media converters for various OSes/platforms (over
> > half a
> >     dozen, by my reckoning, including mediaserv)
> >   * The official Windows flasher
> >   * The maemo-provided command line flashers
> >   * 0xfff flasher.
> >   * My Mac OS X GUI flasher wrapper
>
> Maemo SDK VMware Appliance is also non-tablet.
>
> Then http://www.nokia.com/betalabs/videoconverter was just released and
> it could be a candidate as wel.

Agreed. So there's almost certainly enough software now to justify it.

> We could even discuss about offering product pages for the official SDK
> (just thinking out loud).

Makes sense to me.

> What about starting with a single placeholder for all non-tablet
> software ("PC"?). The click-to-install arrow would point to the default
> option (developers decide when creating the product page) and they could
> add links to alternate version in the description, the links...

As a starting point, that sounds fine - it's certainly better than
nothing and provides a one-stop-shop for Maemo-related applications.
When it's in use, it'll be easier to see if/when/how to refactor it.

Do you want me to raise a bug in Bugzilla?

Cheers,

Andrew

--
Andrew Flegg -- mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  |  http://www.bleb.org/