Hello,

I have monitored the DPS tasks by executing periodically the command
"cat /sys/devices/platform/dsp/dsptask*/taskname" while playing some
tests with a MP3 in media player and the Skype test call. I found that
the DSP can run many tasks at the same time, but I was unable to catch
the "mp3dec" task running at the same time that the "g729_enc" and
"g729_dec" was runnings. I wonder if this was a limitation from the DSP
or from the Linux applications (e.g. Media Player and Skype trying to
use the same device).

If the DSP in not the limitation, then the N800 could be used for a
funny project I have now in my head. I there any documentation on how to
  program a Linux application to use some existing DSP tasks available
on the N800? I am interesting about the MP3 decoder and a pair of low
bandwidth coder/decoder like G711, G729 or ILBC.

Best Regards,
--
Jean-Christian de Rivaz