Quoting Daniel Charles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> See the merged pipeline below

>> Yes, this is certainly doable already. I don't have any G7.11 data to
>> hand, but have tried it by mixing ogg and mp3 data (ogg using Tuomas
>> Kulve's gstreamer plugin which uses the pcm dsp sink).
>>
>> E.g. These two commands can be run is separate terminal windows and
>>  are mixed:
>>
>> gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=20-16000HzExp5sec.mp3 ! dspmp3sink
>>
>> gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=opensource.ogg  ! application/ogg !
>> tremor ! dsppcmsink
>
> gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=20-16000HzExp5sec.mp3 ! dspmp3sink \
> filesrc location=opensource.ogg  ! application/ogg !
> tremor ! dsppcmsink
>
> This way you can be sure that both pipelines are running on a single
> process.  I'm not certain it is going to work as expected due to
> constraints with two audio streams running at the same time, but you
> can write as many source->filter->sink pipelines in a single
> gst-launch as you want.

Thank you very much. Is the backslash optional? Was it there just to
indicate a line continuation (my email client has wrapped the
following line too) or is it the correct way to separate the different
parts of the pipeline?

In any case your command (with or without backslash) produces the
desired behaviour and both files play.

Cheers,

Simon

P.S. Just to test that the karaoke idea will work I tested MP3 and
G7.29 data (I couldn't find any G7.11 data to test) and they play
together without troubles:

E.g.
gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=20-16000HzExp5sec.mp3 ! dspmp3sink
filesrc location=./audio-temp/transfer.g729  ! dspg729sink