Hi there,

I'm Magnus Deininger, aka jyujin, head of the eINIT project, a~nd I'd
like help the maemo project by improving bootup times. One of my
friends is telling me that maemo devices are booting 'unbearably slow'
and that this would be quite the complaint with customers; he's going
so far as to offer his Nokia 770 for the cause if i can make it boot
faster.

My pet project (eINIT, http://einit.org) is currently doing reasonably
well at making computers boot faster, but we haven't tried to make it
work on too many embedded devices just yet, mostly because we're a bit
tight on devs and time... and people that would be interested in
seeing it on their embedded device. We're still doing quite the
progress in boot times tho, as could be seen by this little video
(taken by that friend of mine who'd like to see his nokia 770 boot
faster):
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-2744120711983143659 .
That's booting fairly fast, especially considering it boots right into
compiz... I also made this bootchart: http://omploader.org/vZHdj --
which is on my main desktop, without any real optimisations. Both
boxes (the one in the video, and mine) used to boot in about 1 to 1:20
minutes before, so that's /quite/ an improvement right there.

Now seeing as my friend has some issues with his device, I'd like to
help him, and the maemo project, but since I'm a bit tight on time,
I'd first like to know if anyone else is actually interested in me
porting eINIT to maemo, since I'd hate setting up a devel environment
for a single device ;). Which brings me to why I'm posting on this ML
in the first place: I'd like to know if people /are/ interested in
this or not. Just get right back at me if there's any interest. I'll
monitor this ML for the time being, and I'd also like to invite any
interested developers to join our IRC channel, #einit on freenode.

So, that concludes my offer I think.

Greets, and happy hacking,
Magnus Deininger
http://einit.org/
IRC: jyujin on freenode; #einit

PS.: Oh, not to forget, eINIT is BSD-licenced, so there shouldn't be
any weird licencing issues from a business POV either, if that would
ever be an issue.