Hi,

Marius Vollmer wrote:
> "ext Eero Tamminen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>> Diablo is supposed to be both backwards and forwards compatible to
>> Chinook.

Sorry, I didn't intent this to be interpreted as a Nokia statement,
just my personal impression.  I should have added the standard
mail disclaimer... :-)

> That's the first time I hear this, and it very clearly is not.

We don't have any official guarantee of that, but shouldn't it
still be library-wise ABI compatible?  The toolchain is same and this
release doesn't AFAIK have any major library updates (except for libssl
which can co-exist fine with the previous version).

The system upgrade and packages are another matter, I wasn't
talking about that, but from general binary compatibility.

        - Eero