I'm following the instructions in
  http://inz.fi/blog/2007/10/22/multi-target-development-for-maemo/
as advised by Graham Cobb, and have run into a snag.

When I get to the point of creating the bora rootstrap, it tells me:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ sb-conf rs mistral-armel
/scratchbox/packages/mistral-armel-rootstrap.tgz
ERROR: You don't have a Scratchbox user account!
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$

Now doing
 adduser hendrik sbox
was easy, but it didn't help.  Evidently something else is also required.

One relevant point: The instructions said, "when it asks for users to add
to scratchbox, just choose your user (and whomever might want to do
scratchbox development on the box)."  But it has never asked for users.

How do I fix this up after the fact?

-- hendrik