En/na Philip Van Hoof ha escrit:

> Polymer does a similar thing to Mulberry. The technique is indeed very
> interesting and could be adapted to work with offline operations too, if
> downloading is allowed to take place in the background and if when
> scrolling up and down a higher priority task to get the visible items
> can be scheduled upfront.

I just tried Polymer under windows (btw, try googling for Polymer and
you don't have a chance of finding it, Infotrope Polymer is the right
search term) and it's a bit too basic: either I couldn't find the option
or it doesn't even allow to select the sort order, neither it can thread
the messages.
As per the tablet it says that Telomer (the tablet version of Polymer)
is even more stripped down, with several key features not working
(though I didn't try it yet).

[....]

> What could help a lot is to use very recent OpenSSL or NSS libraries
> with your IMAP server and on your device and keep tracking the latest
> versions. I have not investigated this fully but in theory can the SSL
> layer do compression. With IMAP data that would compress at a very high
> compression rate indeed.

I'm currently tunneling imap through ssh with compression enabled.

Bye
--
Luca