Hi,

Am Freitag, den 06.06.2008, 11:54 +0200 schrieb Niels Breet:
> > Just to let you know that I sometimes get this type of error :
> > [2008-06-06 10:25:01] Processing package gnokii-gconf 0.6.2. Uploader:
> > fredoll, builder: builder1 [2008-06-06 10:25:01] REJECTED: 'File size for
> > /var/www/extras-devel/incoming-builder/chinook/gnokii-gconf_0.6.2.tar.gz
> > does not match that specified in .dsc'
> >
> > It goes away if I retry the dput without changing anything ...
>
> This is because we process the queue every certain amount of time and we
> check if we have seen the file before in the last run.
>
> A file that has been there for a certain amount of time gets processed.
>
> Ed: Do we need to make the upload_timeout a little longer?

Today i tried out the autobuilder the first time for uploading the
Build-Dependencies of Gnumeric to the diablo-extras-devel-repository and
i hit the same problem a few times, i believe that the code which picks
up the files from the incoming queue needs to be changes somehow because
as far as i can see from the buildme python code, it checks
upload_timeout by investigating the mtime of the .dsc file.

Unfortunately the .dsc file is one of the first files uploaded by dput.
(I believe the order is: .dsc, .diff.gz (if
available), .tar.gz, .changes).

And here comes the problem: For bigger .tar.gz files and people with a
slow upload bandwidth (16 KByte/sec in my case), it is just not possible
to upload larger packages successfully, they will always be picked up
and rejected by buildme before they are uploaded completely.

(If i understood your comments correctly, it will take 1x or 2x
upload_timeout until the upload is considered, which would allow me to
upload 2880 (180*16) to 5760 (2*180*16) KByte at best, this also matches
my experiences from today, where i needed 3 tries until i was able to
successfully upload goffice (about 3200 Kbyte).

Unfortunately this is absolutely not enough for the biggest package i am
trying to upload (gnumeric, the tarball is over 20 MByte big).

So it would be very nice if you could change the code just check the
mtime of the .changes file, because this file seems to be the last one
uploaded by dput.

Please also see:
https://garage.maemo.org/pipermail/extras-cauldron-builds/2008q2/000553.html
https://garage.maemo.org/pipermail/extras-cauldron-builds/2008q2/000554.html
https://garage.maemo.org/pipermail/extras-cauldron-builds/2008q2/000564.html
in all cases, the files were rejected before the upload by dput was
completed.

Regards,
Thomas

--