On Thu, 2008-06-26 at 22:30 +0200, ext Thomas Schmidt wrote:
> Today i tried out the autobuilder the first time for uploading the
> Build-Dependencies of Gnumeric to the diablo-extras-devel-repository and
> i hit the same problem a few times, i believe that the code which picks
> up the files from the incoming queue needs to be changes somehow because
> as far as i can see from the buildme python code, it checks
> upload_timeout by investigating the mtime of the .dsc file.
>
> Unfortunately the .dsc file is one of the first files uploaded by dput.
> (I believe the order is: .dsc, .diff.gz (if
> available), .tar.gz, .changes).
>
> And here comes the problem: For bigger .tar.gz files and people with a
> slow upload bandwidth (16 KByte/sec in my case), it is just not possible
> to upload larger packages successfully, they will always be picked up
> and rejected by buildme before they are uploaded completely.
>
> (If i understood your comments correctly, it will take 1x or 2x
> upload_timeout until the upload is considered, which would allow me to
> upload 2880 (180*16) to 5760 (2*180*16) KByte at best, this also matches
> my experiences from today, where i needed 3 tries until i was able to
> successfully upload goffice (about 3200 Kbyte).
>
> Unfortunately this is absolutely not enough for the biggest package i am
> trying to upload (gnumeric, the tarball is over 20 MByte big).

I'd suggest you to use Maemo Extras Assistant instead of dput:
https://garage.maemo.org/extras-assistant/index.php
It puts .dsc after all other sources.

> So it would be very nice if you could change the code just check the
> mtime of the .changes file, because this file seems to be the last one
> uploaded by dput.

I can't. Autobuilder doesn't use .changes at all
It needs only sources, so .dsc is enough for it.

If it's not convenient for you to use web assistant I can just increase
timeout.

Another way is to change dput. Which dput version do you use, BTW?

And last solution is to use scp instead of dput.
If you're interested I can show my upload script. It's simple and ugly,
but it works for me for a long time.

Regards,
---
Ed