Hi all,

I want to develop a mobile IPTV application, so I need a mobile platform to
do it on.

After considering Android and Moblin I got into Maemo and I would like to
know which advantages offers over the other options.

More specifically, what I need to develop are two applications: a seamless
wireless connection daemon manager and a mobile IPTV service client. In
order to implement the first, I need to get some information from the
WiFi/3G/WiMAX drivers, such as signal strength and essid name. For the
mobile IPTV I would need to develop a GUI with an embedded video player and
parse XML files.

So, can I do this with Maemo? Should I get any other tools or libraries or
is possible to do it directly through GTK+, GStreamer, XML Parser and IC
APIs included in the Maemo stack?

Any piece of advice will be much appreciated as I have been reading some
documentation and how-to's but I have some serious doubts about Maemo
development as you can see.

Thank you a lot,
Javi