Hi Quim,

nice to see you back :-)

Quim Gil wrote:
>> but there are others that are about as bad as they could get.
>
> Let's list them too, and we will show them the previous list for
> reference on how a Nokia team can do things right.

Another bad example here is the kernel, search the
http://p.quinput.eu/debfarm/changelog.html file for 'kernel-diablo'. We
can see only '* Updated kernel version XXX' instead of real info. So
basically we are completely in the dark if new kernel actually fixes
something or not.

This is yet another annoyance to the fact that we still don't have
updated sources in http://repository.maemo.org/pool/diablo/free for
GPLed stuff updated in latest 4.2008.30-2 Diablo update.

This is of course bad for any GPLed package but it causes practical
problems especially for linux kernel source. There are a lot of kernel
hacks in the wild and after each firmware people must choose between
older customized kernel and new (possibly fixed? how can we know?) one.

So will we get updated SDK release with sources for latest Diablo update
(and any further one too)?

Also can this whole firmware and SDK release procedure be changed so
building and releasing sources is integral part of building and
releasing any binary (firmware or SSU) as it is 'suggested' by GPL licence?

We discussed this topic many times here with no visible change so far.
Random pointers to previous discussion:
http://lists.maemo.org/pipermail/maemo-developers/2008-January/031424.html
http://lists.maemo.org/pipermail/maemo-developers/2008-January/031426.html

Frantisek