Hello Marketing Manager,

the problem is much more complicated
so saying

"and I don't think the decision makers need more input from the Maemo community"
"
hurts Maemo community and customers

Nokia is lossing millions, is loosing markets
and Maemo, Maemo community was really a great chance for Nokia
to make something special.
Today chances are lost.
It's too late.
Just read Bloomberg and market analysis and stock reports.
Chances for sucess and to be No.1 with Maemo success has gone forever
to Samsung, Apple and emerging Google cell phones.

We should play fair.
Maemo community was a great chance for a great victory by Nokia.
Unsupported, with no leadership, no challenges set
ended in frustration and half-finished products
like low quality gps navigation, no-cell-phone Maemo.

At the same time Samsung, Apple, Google made very fast progress
with emerging technologies, multitouch products, high-quality integrated
navigation.

I can't blame you for a defeat, but frankly speaking, you showed no interest to
make Maemo developers the Champions - world-leaders in emerging technologies
and products, giving handicap to Apple and Samsung
to make much faster progress.

Lost chance by Nokia is not my personal opinion.
Lost chance is market analysis published by Bloomberg.

just what Bloomberg says:

"
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aFz3FZ0Qjyd8&refer=home
"
Nokia plans to introduce touch-screen models this year, and the first devices
will aim at the ``volume market,'' the company said in July.

``The company is building up its portfolio, which is a bit old-fashioned,''
Schroder said.

Apple began selling the iPhone 3g model in July. Chief Executive Steve Jobs
plans to get the Web-surfing phone into 70 markets by the end of the year, up
from six earlier this year.
"

not to mention
"
Nokia Stock Falls the Most Since April on Market Share Forecast

By Juho Erkheikki

Sept. 5 (Bloomberg) -- Nokia Oyj, the world's biggest maker of mobile phones,
fell the most in almost five months in Helsinki trading after forecasting a
drop in third-quarter market share because competitors slashed prices and a new
handset was delayed.

Nokia fell 9.6 percent. While demand will be hurt by ``weaker consumer
confidence in multiple markets,'' the Espoo, Finland-based company stuck to a
forecast of 10 percent industry growth in 2008. Previously, Nokia had said
market share would be about the same as the second quarter's 40 percent.

Price-cutting by Samsung Electronics Co. and growing sales of Apple Inc.'s
iPhone may be hurting Nokia, according to Matthew Hoffman, an analyst at Cowen
& Co. in Boston. Nokia didn't say which competitors cut prices or identify the
``mid-range'' handset that was delayed.

``It's a shocker,'' said Neil Mawston, an associate director at researcher
Strategy Analytics Ltd. in Milton Keynes, England. ``Everybody is scrapping for
volume in the market, and it looks like that's caught up with Nokia.''

Nokia fell 1.50 euros to close at 14.02 euros in Helsinki, the biggest drop
since April 17. The shares dropped to the lowest in almost three years.

The global mobile-phone market probably will rise 10 percent or more this year
from the 1.14 billion units sold last year, Nokia reiterated today in a stock
exchange statement. Industry sales in the third quarter will also increase from
the preceding three months, the company said.
"

The only chance for success is to have comm unity of developers really
integrated with main development strategies
and my suggestion to set up Think-Tank
made some months ago
was the right direction.

Wish you success anyway.
(and pls don't delete my post and don't take it personally)

Darius
http://www.tinyurl.com/iDarius