Aren't we getting too obsessed with the details?  :)

ext Dave Neary wrote:
> So, as long as the project is free software, all 3?

Community is a requirement, free software is not. Between a non-profit
developer working in community mood with some freedom (like Henrik when
he started Mauku) or a corporation producing pure free software with
some community (like Sun Microsystems and OOo) the first is a better
candidate for this call.

> Companies looking to
> have development funded, developers looking to make a living off their
> project, and other volunteer developers looking simply for more help are
> all in your target group?

"Companies" is a vague term. You are a company and a single man. Nokia
is a company with thousands of employees. Again, "community" is the
word. Yes, we might consider projects with some kind of professional
setting behind but this is not the type of action Forum Nokia drives to
get commercial and professional developers to work on Nokia platforms.

> Again, the question is something like: what's
> the result of being selected as a "winner"?

Again, we will help you impressing real users the day Maemo 5 goes out.
Different projects need different help and this is why we are not
offering a defined package in advance. We think it's better to look for
those key projects now and then listen to their needs.

Dave, why I keep not explaining myself? Is it perhaps because this
sounds to one of those developer programs where winners get a fixed
amount of money, gadgets or a trip to Las Vegas? This is not one of
those, otherwise it would be highly regulated with terms and dates.

There is a reason why this started with a simple mail discussion, like
communities discuss. As we saw yesterday, only the discussion is already
helpful for some developers and projects. And I expect this exercise to
be useful not only for the projects selected but to anybody looking for
feedback and help to make her project a Fremantle Star.

--
Quim Gil
marketing manager, open source