> There are several disjoint projects to bring Ogg/Vorbis/Theora support
> to the standard media player.  None of them work completely as far as
> I can tell - some add the codecs, most don't do all the
> mime-associations.  Nokia has already said they will never support it
> out of the box, so the next best thing would be to have something
> available to fully integrate it.  It seems possible, and the highest
> voted bug report from the community is specifically for Ogg/V/T
> support (under the title of a DSP driver, but I'd like a fully
> integrated native one even if it did drain the battery a bit faster).

There's an apparent lack of interest/involvement in porting the codec to the
DSP; I lack motivation as I don't use OGG for anything, will have to
investigate far more about how different memory buffers are used (and which
ones can therefore be placed in slow SDRAM as there's not enough fast on-DSP
memory to go around), and have other more relevant/interesting stuff to do
at the moment.

Yes I agree with your point, make it easier to plug in different codecs to
the standard media player (or even open it up, and just keep the
differentiation GUI closed source if required).

Cheers,

Simon