Antonio Aloisio wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> IMHO most of the extended hildon widgets could be dropped.
> Hildon widgets like hildon banners instead need to be integrated inside Qt.
Agreed - there are many Qt widgets which could simply be hildonised.
I wonder about session management and hibernation for example.

> Extended widget could be shipped in an external library if necessary..
> but I won't care about them.
Sadly the version 5 gallery includes lots of deprecated widgets and few (if any)
new ones:
  http://maemo.org/api_refs/5.0/beta/hildon/ch02.html
Some make sense though and I'd like to see them up for community contribution?
Ideally there would be agreement on which and what API would be acceptable and
then refinement of implementation.

> About IPC Qt classes for system interaction.. I working on them...
Is this something that can be put up on the wiki?

What's planned (ever) and where we are?

David

--
"Don't worry, you'll be fine; I saw it work in a cartoon once..."