ext Jeremiah Foster <jerem...@jeremiahfoster.com> writes:

>> I think it's time to define the Application manager categories for
>> Fremantle.  This has been done for Diablo here:
>>
>>    http://wiki.maemo.org/Task:Package_categories
>
> Can we call this "Application Categories"? Since we are defining where
> applications go - not defining a category of package.

Hmm, yeah, terminology.  The tool itself, "Application manager", is
strictly speaking misnamed: add-on software does not need to be an
application, of course.  We also have themes, codecs, plugins,
translations, games, etc.

I was using "Application manager categories" since they are the
categories displayed by the Application manager.  But, I guess this is
not _that_ important, and "Application categories" is fine as well.

>> and we should update that page to talk about Fremantle, too, or make a
>> new one for Fremantle.
>>
> http://wiki.maemo.org/Task:fremantle_application_categories

Thanks, I have botstrapped it with the Diablo list.