Hi,

I think it's time to define the Application manager categories for
Fremantle.  This has been done for Diablo here:

    http://wiki.maemo.org/Task:Package_categories

and we should update that page to talk about Fremantle, too, or make a
new one for Fremantle.

[ Maybe this has been done already, and I just missed it...  Apologies
  if that is the case.
]

I feel that defining the list of categories is quite important and as
long as I have something to say about this, I very much want to prevent
Nokia and the Maemo community going into different directions with this.

So, here is a concrete proposed addition to the categories for Fremantle
that we would like to make:

    user/sharing    "Sharing plugins"

Jussi, please elaborate if you think it is needed.

My position is that unless this addition is approved by the Maemo
community (via the Maemo council), I am not going to add it to the list
of categories.

Thanks everybody (and sorry again if I am too much out of date with what
is actually happening in this area.)