On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 6:13 AM, Marius Vollmer <marius.voll...@nokia.com> wrote:
> I think it's time to define the Application manager categories for
> Fremantle.  This has been done for Diablo here:
>
>    http://wiki.maemo.org/Task:Package_categories
>
> and we should update that page to talk about Fremantle, too, or make a
> new one for Fremantle.

Unfortunately we never got a chance to test and tweak our list in
Diablo, so a Fremantle list might as well just be the same thing. . .
. :(

> So, here is a concrete proposed addition to the categories for Fremantle
> that we would like to make:
>
>    user/sharing    "Sharing plugins"

This has been discussed before, and my stance on it is: absolutely
not. Aside from the fact that a sharing plugins category reeks of
silly Nokia Ovi nonsense, it's also entirely incongruous with the rest
of the categories. I have to get to work, but hopeful Andrew can
elaborate more about why it's a bad idea. ;)