Kees,

Thank you for your help; I was able to get the mount command in Scratchbox
by following your instructions.

I then discovered that I don't have permissions to actually mount anything
from within Scratchbox.

So I've given up for now. I think I'll have to wait until some hardware
comes out, or until I'm given some new insights into this mess.