Hi Murray

> I hear that Mer can be used with a mouse instead of just a touchscreen,
> but I'd like to install Maemo as intended, so I think we'll need
> touchscreen displays. So does anyone know of any touchscreen hardware
> that will definitely work with beagleboard and Maemo?
Hi I don't know about a usable touchscreen but
Maemo is also somewhat "usable" without a touchscreen.
it is possible to show the cursor see[1]. of course it doesn't feel right
as the maemo UI is best used on a touchscreen.

I guess it really depends on what your interests are.
a wiimote also sounds like a good HID device to interact with maemo

What I tried during the Danish week-end was to use a camera attached
to the beagle to view a laser pointer on an image displayed with a
beamer and it almost worked... :(

[1] http://maemo-beagle.garage.maemo.org/alpha.html

greetings