Hi,

Happy to see that you considered this Beta release to be at least one step
forward (before ending up being one step backward :)

>No PPC binary, and the installer will happily chug right along
>without telling users that they're installing something they
>can't even use.

Only x86 and 32-bit support with this beta release. Could you explain in more
detailed your installation problems. E.g. do you try to install Windows XP or
Windows Vista or Mac OS X 10.x or Debian Linux or some other Linux or ...

Or are you trying to install Mac flasher-3.5 to PPC Mac? I do not Mac myself
well enoug to say if architecture can be defined to the Mac installation
package so that you will get some sensible error message if you try to install
"wrong" architecture binary.

Cheers,
//Jarmo