On Wed, August 26, 2009 16:44, Andrew Flegg wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 15:29, Ed Bartosh<bart...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> 2009/8/26 Graham Cobb <g+...@cobb.uk.net>:
>>

>>> Personally, I would much rather the autobuilder dependency problem
>>> was fixed (with some method for submiting multiple packages with build
>>> dependencies and having them build in the right order, with the
>>> dependencies being satisfied) instead of this particular feature.
>>>
>> Submitting is the main problem. As far as I know dput can't upload
>> several packages at the same time. Any ideas how to do this?
>
> Bypass dput and use scp directly?debian/control's Build-Depends should
> be enough to say something like "if there is a dependency on something else
> on the queue, build it first".

This can be done if/when the autobuilder waits for a certain time before
starting to build a package, as all packages need to come in. But...

How would you know that a user has finished uploading all packages Some
community members with lower bandwidth sometimes are uploading for hours
for big source packages to be there. You can't assume that people are
uploading in the right order?

This can be done through a web interface, but I don't think many of the
hardcore coders, needing this functionality, would use that?

--
Niels Breet
maemo.org webmaster