ext Ed Bartosh <bart...@gmail.com> writes:

> It doesn't matter what triggers the build in this particular case.
> Dput doesn't support multiple package uploads, period.

There is a established protocol for uploading packages to a buildbot.
The formats of the files are defined, and it is also defined which file
to upload last.  There is no point in deviating from this, independent
of whether you want to upload one or multiple packages.

Creating a buildbot for Debian packages that triggers on .dsc instead of
on .changes seems pointless to me.  Why would you do such a thing?

If you want to upload multiple packages, you need to extend the
protocol.  (Otherwise you can just run dput in a loop.)  The only sane
chance I see for this is by extending the .changes file to be able to
talk about multiple packages.  Another reason to trigger on .changes, I
would say.

It might be enough to just allow more than one paragraph in the .changes
files, and make the guarantees that packages are build in order of their
build-dependencies and the build aborts as soon as one package fails.
(If I understand right what people are looking for.)

And maybe some way to reuse already uploaded .tar.gz and diff.gz files
so that people don't have to reupload them.

I know I should shut up since I am not writing any of the code here, but
you know how hard that is for me... :)