On Wednesday 26 August 2009 16:59:54 Ed Bartosh wrote:
> 2009/8/26 Graham Cobb <g+...@cobb.uk.net>:
> > It would be good if there was a way to upload the files using (say) scp
> > to a staging area and then trigger the build using the web interface.
>
> Too complicated, I'd say. I think developers would prefer using one tool.

>From your earlier note, I am one of a fairly small number of developers who
really need this.  And I would certainly use this.  Maybe the other
developers who upload multiple package suites would like to comment on
whether they would find it "too complicated".

The way I see it working from the developer's point of view is: use dput (or
scp) to upload exactly as normal for the autobuilder except using a different
receiving directory.  Then go to a web page (one I have previously created
for the group of packages) and click "build".  With a bit of luck I can even
automate that last step using wget from my upload-and-build script.

If that meant that I would not have to wait for 8-9 hours watching each build
to make sure it not only succeeded but that it wasn't delayed so that the
build which is dependent on it failed to access the right files then I would
put up with quite a lot of complication!  Just clicking once to launch it and
then knowing that if the builds completed successfully the dependencies had
been handled correctly would save me a lot of time and effort!

Graham