I'm trying to create a simple dialog that opens when you tap a button. In
this dialog, I want to place in it a hildon.TouchSelector that has a single
column comprised of pixbufs (logos of websites). Just to see if I could get
a TouchSelector working, I created a simple one that just uses text labels
instead of pixbufs. Here is the pertinent part of the code:

# This part is the button that opens the dialog

      self.select_button = gtk.Button()
      self.select_icon =
gtk.gdk.pixbuf_new_from_file_at_size("/usr/share/touchsearch/select_search_engine.png",
40, 40)
      self.select_image = gtk.Image()
      self.select_image.set_from_pixbuf(self.select_icon)
      self.select_image.set_padding(settings['padding'],
settings['padding'])
      self.select_button.set_image(self.select_image)
      self.select_button.connect("clicked", self.select_engine_dialog)
      self.select_button.show_all()

# And this is the dialog with the Touchselector in it

   def select_engine_dialog(self, widget):
      dialog = gtk.Dialog("Select A Site To Search", None,
gtk.DIALOG_DESTROY_WITH_PARENT | gtk.DIALOG_NO_SEPARATOR)
      close_button = dialog.add_button(gtk.STOCK_CLOSE, gtk.RESPONSE_CLOSE)

      selector = hildon.hildon_touch_selector_new_text()
      searches = ["Google", "eBay", "Amazon", "Merriam-Webster", "Google
Maps", "Google Images", "maemo.org"]
      for i in searches:
         selector.append_text(i)

      dialog.vbox.add(selector)
      dialog.show_all()
      response = dialog.run()
      dialog.destroy()

When I run this example I get exactly what I expected except the
TouchSelector doesn't scroll -- when I drag it in either direction it shows
me the indicator of where the focus is, but it doesn't move.

Errors from traceback are:

/usr/lib/hildon-desktop/touchsearch.py:68: Warning: cannot register existing
type `HildonPannableAreaMode'
  selector = hildon.hildon_touch_selector_new_text()
/usr/lib/hildon-desktop/touchsearch.py:68: Warning: g_param_spec_enum:
assertion `G_TYPE_IS_ENUM (enum_type)' failed
  selector = hildon.hildon_touch_selector_new_text()
/usr/lib/hildon-desktop/touchsearch.py:68: Warning:
g_object_class_install_property: assertion `G_IS_PARAM_SPEC (pspec)' failed
  selector = hildon.hildon_touch_selector_new_text()
/usr/lib/hildon-desktop/touchsearch.py:68: Warning: cannot register existing
type `HildonMovementMode'
  selector = hildon.hildon_touch_selector_new_text()
/usr/lib/hildon-desktop/touchsearch.py:68: Warning: g_param_spec_flags:
assertion `G_TYPE_IS_FLAGS (flags_type)' failed
  selector = hildon.hildon_touch_selector_new_text()
/usr/lib/hildon-desktop/touchsearch.py:68: Warning: cannot register existing
type `HildonSizeRequestPolicy'

In addition to that, once I get that working how would I go about getting
pixbufs in there instead of just text? I'm familiar with how to create a
gtk.TreeView, but don't know how to apply this knowledge to a Touchelector
e.g. the example found here:

http://pymaemo.garage.maemo.org/documentation/python_hildon_tutorial/html/ch-Selectors.html#example-of-a-selector-with-a-custom-column

...doesn't work.

TIA.