On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 12:20 PM, Brent Chiodo<bchi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to create a simple dialog that opens when you tap a button. In
> this dialog, I want to place in it a hildon.TouchSelector that has a single
> column comprised of pixbufs (logos of websites). Just to see if I could get
> a TouchSelector working, I created a simple one that just uses text labels
> instead of pixbufs. Here is the pertinent part of the code:
>

> # This part is the button that opens the dialog
>
>       self.select_button = gtk.Button()
>       self.select_icon =
> gtk.gdk.pixbuf_new_from_file_at_size("/usr/share/touchsearch/select_search_engine.png",
> 40, 40)
>       self.select_image = gtk.Image()
>       self.select_image.set_from_pixbuf(self.select_icon)
>       self.select_image.set_padding(settings['padding'],
> settings['padding'])
>       self.select_button.set_image(self.select_image)
>       self.select_button.connect("clicked", self.select_engine_dialog)
>       self.select_button.show_all()

> # And this is the dialog with the Touchselector in it
>
>    def select_engine_dialog(self, widget):
>       dialog = gtk.Dialog("Select A Site To Search", None,
> gtk.DIALOG_DESTROY_WITH_PARENT | gtk.DIALOG_NO_SEPARATOR)
>       close_button = dialog.add_button(gtk.STOCK_CLOSE, gtk.RESPONSE_CLOSE)
>
>       selector = hildon.hildon_touch_selector_new_text()

I still need to try out your example here (it would be nice if you
could give a more complete , even minimal one, showing the problem).

But one thing I can see is that you should use this instead of the line above:

selector = hildon.TouchSelector(text=True)

Unfortunately, it seems that for some reason the "text" attribute was
only added to the garage SVN (there should have been a 0.9.0-1maemo11
fixing this), I'll upload the updated version still today.

Thanks,
--
Anderson Lizardo
OpenBossa Labs - INdT