Graham Cobb wrote:

> I would suggest that Nokia add /opt/bin to the PATH, add /opt/lib to the
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH and add /opt/lib/pkgconfig to PKG_CONFIG_PATH (all on the
> device and in scratchbox) and that we ignore the FHS rule that packages
> should not install into those directories.  That would make things a little
> easier and more robust.  We can then build with --prefix=/opt and add a
> couple of softlinks if necessary for files which still need to be elsewhere.

And if you depend on porting in a few other debian packages you'll repackage
them for maemo?
Doable - but to expect other devs to do that?

At the moment 'porting' an app is usually a semi-automated process.
Having to figure out the debian/rules for each and then hacking their
./configure to --prefix=/opt

Oh boy

PLEASE don't require a ./configure change

optify is the lesser evil

David

--
"Don't worry, you'll be fine; I saw it work in a cartoon once..."