El mar, 29-09-2009 a las 11:11 +0100, Graham Cobb escribió:

> So, I agree that a real community library is a better solution,
> although it has its own problems with maintenance (particularly for
> widgets which do get adopted by Hildon but with some changes).  But at
> least they can be solved in one place.

If you happen to have symbols with the same in hildon and the eventual
library you want to create, you will have symbol clashing.

If you avoid having symbol clashing by using a different name for the
widgets in the hypotetical library, if/when these go into hildon you'll
have to deprecate them and still carry them around for people without
time to migrate to the hildon variants. And I can tell you that you risk
having a lot of developers simply not porting to the Hildon variants
because the "community" versions are good enough for them.

Long term maintenance of a library is complex, and you'll have a lot of
hassle in the future going that way. On the other hand, there's Nokia
and their intentions to work together with the community in Hildon.
You'll have to make a choose between control and maintainability. Of
course, the implications of Nokia intentions would be good to know
beforehand.

Claudio