2009/10/23 Cornelius Hald <h...@icandy.de>:
> On Fri, 2009-10-23 at 09:20 +0300, Kimmo Hämäläinen wrote:
>> On Fri, 2009-10-23 at 08:08 +0200, Hamalainen Kimmo (Nokia-D/Helsinki)
>> wrote:
>> > Please, no threads, no!  The screenshot is only taken if it does not
>> > exist, otherwise the existing screenshot is used.  So, the performance
>> > penalty is not there every time, only when the old screenshot does not
>> > exist.
>>
>> I take this back... After checking the code, it seems the application
>> needs to check for the existing screenshot. What a disappointing
>> design...
>
> But at least it looks like all screenshots are deleted automatically
> once you switch themes. That's good :)
>
> Conny

So ok, to recap, the hildon_gtk_window_take_screenshot only sends a DBUS message
to the window manager, but the application still is kind of locked
while taking the screenshot
(I notice a small slowness when taking the screenshot for the first time).

Anyway, a thread wouldn't help at all and as we now know it's also not needed.

I think the best would be to have a way to retrieve the screenshot path
so that we can check for it's existence before taking a new one (thus
we wouldn't be checking
it in a static path as we do now), instead of
hildon_gtk_window_take_screenshot checking for
its existence.

--
anidel