----- Original message -----

> Dirk Behme wrote:
>
> > Short status:
>
> [clip]
>
> > 10. Re-boot, enjoy booting it with Beagle :)
>
> I followed these instructions roughly and got it running.

Ok, I need to make a fresh image from scratch. I guess my stuff is messed from
trying different versions during the last week. (or then my monitor is messed)

> > Further work:
> >
> > - I was not able to log in at minicom console. I got login prompt, but
> > typing resulted in some garbage characters. Typing root/rootme there
> > seemed to make the system hang and after some time the login prompt came
> > again.
>
> The serial console seems to work during the boot phase but it gets
> garbage later. It does work for me most of the time after finishing the
> boot up as well.
>
> Could this be related to power management..?

Yes. Power management puts serial console to sleep, but it does wake up when
pressing keys. You'll also notice that after console inactivity the first
character will be garbage, again power management at work.

> > - Disable screen blanking
>
> Unblanks when touching the USB mouse.
>
> > - Make (USB) mouse to show and work
>
> WORKSFORME.
>
> I'm using a D-Link DUB-E100 USB ethernet dongle and at least I managed
> to install openssh using that. I haven't tried anything else yet (I need
> to get the curson showing first).

This could be a usb hub thing. I have gone through two or three usb hubs to get
one that works as it should.
The Xorg.0.log should tell that you have a mouse and keyboard.

Tero