On Tue, 2009-11-03 at 15:06 +0100, ext Luca Donaggio wrote:
> I'm still banging my head against a wall with this:
>
> why without reparenting the popup undecorated window to the main app
> window it becomes transparent but the app menu doesn't work (it starts
> to be drawn but immediately disappears) and viceversa?

I think this is not the way to go. This is way too hacky and ugly.
Also, the window manager has not been tested for this kind of
reparenting cases (which cause unmaps and remapping of windows), and
it's likely that it's buggy in handling those.

Home applet windows are transparent, so clearly there is some way to do
it depending on the window type.

Do you have a stand-alone program showing transparent dialog (without
reparenting hacks), so I could spend some time to see if it can be made
to work?

-Kimmo