2009/11/3 Kimmo Hämäläinen <kimmo.hamalai...@nokia.com>

> On Tue, 2009-11-03 at 15:06 +0100, ext Luca Donaggio wrote:
> > I'm still banging my head against a wall with this:
> >
> > why without reparenting the popup undecorated window to the main app
> > window it becomes transparent but the app menu doesn't work (it starts
> > to be drawn but immediately disappears) and viceversa?
>
> I think this is not the way to go. This is way too hacky and ugly.
> Also, the window manager has not been tested for this kind of
> reparenting cases (which cause unmaps and remapping of windows), and
> it's likely that it's buggy in handling those.
>
> Home applet windows are transparent, so clearly there is some way to do
> it depending on the window type.
>
> Do you have a stand-alone program showing transparent dialog (without
> reparenting hacks), so I could spend some time to see if it can be made
> to work?
>
> -Kimmo

Hi Kimmo,

my project is pretty simple, you can have a look at its sources here: [1].
The relevant code is in interface.c (create_image_details) and callbacks.c
(draw_image_details).

I don't think either that reparenting should be the way to go (I think I've
seen it done for the first time in some example, don't remember where now),
I just found that with it the app menu did work and window's transparency
didn't!

[1]
https://garage.maemo.org/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/trunk/src/?root=mrawviewer

--