On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 14:47, Jeremiah Foster
<jerem...@jeremiahfoster.com> wrote:

> There are a number of things to discuss, both technical and
> non-technical, and it would be great if we could come together and
> create a list of actionable items so we can make the QA process as
> efficient and usable as possible.

Agreed. However, IME (from other IRC meetings and the /opt BOF etc.)
no matter how much consensus is got during the meeting, there'll be
further discussion on the mailing list. This needs to be chaired as
well :-)

>        Meeting details:
>
>        IRC: irc.freenode.org
>        Channel: #maemo-meeting
>        Time: Tuesday, November 10th, 14:30 UTC

I won't be able to make this as I will be onsite at a client, however
my views can be summarised as:

   * QA is good.
   * The criteria are a good start, but need tweaks (see thread)
   * The packages UI needs some streamlining for testers.
   * As a tester, a better reminder of the checklist when checking
     would be good. I also like the ease with which I can give feedback.
   * As a developer, I don't *think* I want to be constrained with
     "release early, release often" when fixing bugs or introducing new
     small features (i.e. karma resets to zero).

I'm happy, from what I've seen in the discussion to date, that people
share enough views with me that I don't need to be there :-)

Cheers,

Andrew

>        Jeremiah Foster
>        Maemo.org debmaster

This should be "maemo.org debmaster" BTW ;-)

--
Andrew Flegg -- mailto:and...@bleb.org  |  http://www.bleb.org/