On Nov 4, 2009, at 18:36, Andrew Flegg wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 14:47, Jeremiah Foster
> <jerem...@jeremiahfoster.com> wrote:
>>
>> There are a number of things to discuss, both technical and
>> non-technical, and it would be great if we could come together and
>> create a list of actionable items so we can make the QA process as
>> efficient and usable as possible.
>
> Agreed. However, IME (from other IRC meetings and the /opt BOF etc.)
> no matter how much consensus is got during the meeting, there'll be
> further discussion on the mailing list.

Yeah, I agree. Mailing list discussion is the most focused and can be
the most detailed, in my experience.

> This needs to be chaired as
> well :-)

I think Valerio will do that. I was supposed to forward this mail to
him for approval first, I failed. :-/

>>        Meeting details:
>>
>>        IRC: irc.freenode.org
>>        Channel: #maemo-meeting
>>        Time: Tuesday, November 10th, 14:30 UTC
>
> I won't be able to make this as I will be onsite at a client, however
> my views can be summarised as:
>
>   * QA is good.
>   * The criteria are a good start, but need tweaks (see thread)
>   * The packages UI needs some streamlining for testers.
>   * As a tester, a better reminder of the checklist when checking
>     would be good. I also like the ease with which I can give
> feedback.
>   * As a developer, I don't *think* I want to be constrained with
>     "release early, release often" when fixing bugs or introducing new
>     small features (i.e. karma resets to zero).

I've scooped this up and put it on the wiki page for the meeting as an
agenda.
http://wiki.maemo.org/QAMeeting

>>        Jeremiah Foster
>>        Maemo.org debmaster
>
> This should be "maemo.org debmaster" BTW ;-)

maemo.org debslave