2009/12/24 Andrew Flegg <and...@bleb.org>:
> On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 12:01, Ed Bartosh <bart...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Is it? Are Ed/Marius around to confirm?
>>>
>> Yes it was. Long time ago, as we all agreed, with 'none' as default.
>
> I read Benoît's question as the default having been switched from
> "none" to "auto" (as discussed, but I didn't think we were in the
> position to and was surprised it hadn't been mentioned as happening).
> Since that's not it, that's not a problem.
>
>>> Put "none" in debian/optify:
>>>
>> It's not needed. The problem is not in autobuilder, but in the package.
>
> Fair enough :-)
>
> Bug #7309 is still valid, of course, and can be used as the hook in
> which the Python-based heuristics for maemo-optify are done.

No, it's not valid.
I think everyone's seen this message:
"/usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure: No such file or directory" and it's not
related to the package being installed. Moreover it's not en error.

Look at this example:
[sbox-FREMANTLE_ARMEL: ~] > fakeroot apt-get install desktop-photoapplet
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  desktop-photoapplet
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 82 not upgraded.
Need to get 88.2kB of archives.
After this operation, 233kB of additional disk space will be used.
WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
  desktop-photoapplet
Install these packages without verification [y/N]? y
Get:1 http://repository.maemo.org fremantle/non-free
desktop-photoapplet 0.2-8 [88.2kB]
Fetched 88.2kB in 0s (216kB/s)
/scratchbox/tools/bin/sh: line 1: /usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure: No such
file or directory
Selecting previously deselected package desktop-photoapplet.
(Reading database ... 16528 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking desktop-photoapplet (from .../desktop-photoapplet_0.2-8_armel.deb) ...
Setting up desktop-photoapplet (0.2-8) ...

If you can call it SDK bug or scratchbox bug I'd agree. But it has
nothing to do with maemo-optify and autobuilder. So, the bug is
invalid.

--
BR,
Ed