On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 12:22, Ed Bartosh <bart...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Bug #7309 is still valid, of course, and can be used as the hook in
>> which the Python-based heuristics for maemo-optify are done.
>>
> No, it's not valid.
> I think everyone's seen this message:
> "/usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure: No such file or directory" and it's not
> related to the package being installed. Moreover it's not en error.

The initial assumptions underlying the report were invalid; however
the fact that maemo-optify is not yet aware of pymaemo-optify (AFAIK)
IS a bug. Resolve #7309 as invalid and raise another one if you like,
but that seems like a bit too much work for work's sake to me.

> If you can call it SDK bug or scratchbox bug I'd agree. But it has
> nothing to do with maemo-optify and autobuilder. So, the bug is
> invalid.

The dpkg-preconfigure warning/error has caused confusion in the past
and probably should have a bug under the "Maemo needs to reduce
barriers to entry" banner; but that's not what I'm arguing this bug
is.

Cheers,

Andrew

--