2010/1/2 Till Harbaum / Lists <li...@harbaum.org>:
> Hi,
>
> Am Samstag 02 Januar 2010 schrieb Jeff Moe:
>> Does this, perchance, have anything to do with what you are talking about?
>> http://maemo.org/packages/package_instance/view/fremantle_extras-
>> testing_free_armel/osm2go/0.8.1-maemo1
> Sure
>
>> I must say he annoyed me to at first, but make my silly package better for in
>> in the end. Seems if you just freaking optified your binary all these threads
>> could die.
>
> Just to make this clear: I WILL do this particular optification. But this
> will take
> some time as i am also doing other changes. And any bug i fixed in that
> version is now delayed. I am annoyed by the fact that my bug fixes are delayed
> for something the version already in extras also has.  Where's the advantage
> in
> delaying the update?

Btw. one easy way to optify ./usr/bin/osm2go is to add
--bindir=/opt/osm2go/bin to the 'configure' line from debian/rules and
adjust the 'Exec' fields in osm2go.desktop (and .service file, which I
didn't find in this package). So no symlink required but of course one
needs to specify the full path when executed from the terminal.