On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 8:11 AM, Marius Vollmer <marius.voll...@nokia.com> wrote:
> ext Ed Bartosh <bart...@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I'll definitely find a time to do whatever is needed. Moreover, I was
>> asking couple of times already if it's time to enable optification by
>> default in autobuilder. I was given an answer that some testing is
>> still needed. I think Marius should know the latest status.
>
> I still have to do something about the Python optification.  I will do
> that in the next few days.  The 'something' will likely be some way to
> detect the relevant packages and to stop optifying them in auto mode.
> (Indirect dependencies are a bit expensive to follow, so my current idea
> is that I go with a list of direct dependencies instead.)

Is maemo-optify-deb run on autobuilder inside the scratchbox target
and after all dependencies have been installed? If so, checking
whether "pymaemo-optify" is installed on the scratchbox target would
be one heuristic to detect indirect dependencies, given that
(theoretically) the scratchbox target is cleaned before each package
build. Sample shell script snippet:

if dpkg -s pymaemo-optify | grep -q not-installed; then
    echo "pymaemo-optify is not installed"
else
    echo "pymaemo-optify is installed"
fi

This together with the direct dependency check (i.e. looking by
pymaemo-optify or python or python2.5 on Depends) would make a good
heuristic (in my opinion).

This is just an idea, more testing is needed.

Regards,
--
Anderson Lizardo
OpenBossa Labs - INdT