On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 7:13 PM, Thomas Waelti <twae...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all
>
> I've uploaded an alpha version of my "shutter" home widget (IR shutter for
> Nikon DSLR) to extras-devel.
> Functionaly, it works. But now I have a small problem in my installer that
> I'm unable to resolve:
> After running the deb, the widget gets installed. It can then be added to the
> desktop by the user through the normal Desktop Config > Add Widget process.
> It shows up in the list and is selectable. But then it does not show up on
> the desktop!
>
> However, once the device is rebooted, the added widget is cleary visible and
> works well.
>
> Now I really don't want to forece my users to reboot just because of a widget.
> Therefore my question: what am I missing? Any special postinstall script to
> run?

Your applet might be crashing for some reason on first load. Can you
test it on Scratchbox/X86 (using Xephyr) and tell us if you are able
to reproduce the problem there?  If yes, you might try to debug the
crash by looking at the messages printed by hildon-desktop.

> Or is it a problem of my .desktop file?
>
> [Desktop Entry]
> Name=shutter
> Comment=Issues a single IR command using LIRC
> Type=python
> X-Path=shutter.py
> X-Multiple=true

Except for this "X-Multiple" entry (which I don't know what is) I
don't see a problem with it.

Regards,
--
Anderson Lizardo