It could indeed be that python-loader does not startup correctly after
its installation. I get the following errors, once right at the end of
the installation, a second time when trying to add the widget to the
desktop:

hildon-home[14183]: GLIB WARNING ** default - Unknown Plugin Loader type: python
hildon-home[14183]: GLIB WARNING ** default - Error loading plugin:
/usr/share/applications/hildon-home/shutter.desktop

On both the test device and the scratchbox it failed, and on both I
didn't have any python widgets installed before.

My widget has the following dependencies: lirc (>=
0.8.4b-1fremantle30), python2.5, python-hildondesktop (>=
0.1.0-1maemo2), hildon-desktop-python-loader (>= 0.1.0-1maemo2),
python-gtk2, python-hildon

Thanks and best regards
-Tom