From various on-line dictionaries:

Donate (Verb)

To present as a gift to a fund or cause; contribute.

to present as a gift, grant, or contribution; make a donation of, as
to a fund or cause

to give; to contribute; to grant; to bestow

[INTRANSITIVE/TRANSITIVE] to give something such as money or goods to
an organization, especially to a school, hospital, political party, or
charity

to bestow as a gift, especially for a worthy cause

I especially like the last definition. A new app for Maemo 5, is
certainly worthy... ;-)

Cheers,

Sascha