Hi,

as I said before I didn't tested the packages carefully and therefore I
didn't know the different perl packages on maemo sdk and the devices. The
current package does depend on perl thus it is not possible to install
mysql-server or mysql-client on the device. I really would like to remove
the perl dependencies or reduce them to perl-base. But I am not a perl
expert. Also I would like to use cdbs because imho it is easier to handle
(and to change). Maybe it is possible to set up a public repo where we can
work on mysql together. It would be really great if different people can
maintain mysql for maemo.

regards
Bjoern