Hi,

my current package development can now be found on
http://gitorious.org/maemoized-packages/maemoized-packages
I started nearly from scratch and dropped all perl dependencies. It should
be possible to run mysqld without any perl script. Mysql upstream ships some
perl based helper scripts which I didn't include in the new packages.
Because I am not an expert in bash scripting nor in familiar in detail with
init.d I could really need help with the post,pre installer scripts. That
part is still missing compared to the original debian packages.

regards
Bjoern