Am 16.02.2010 17:31, schrieb Jeremiah Foster:
Heavens no!! I strongly feel the opposite, that rpm distros are doomed to fail.
debs have wider adoption and have solved lots of problems already, rpms are
becoming the corporate preference, not the developer or user preference. But
for this project, MeeGo, the rpm is going to be the default format. It seems
silly if you want to get your software into MeeGo to spend too much time
arguing because I think people will not change - certainly not the Linux
Foundation who host the repos, wiki, etc.
actually I also think that rpm can not succeed as you can not follow Ubuntu which gets special binary drivers from AMD, fixed Skype releases etc. no other distribution has this level of importance in the corporate world. Therefore I can not agree that rpm is the corporate preference. As far as the Linux Foundations go: if they object, just pay Cononical for Launchpad - it is the best development platform I have used so far anyway...

And as I got more time now, here is the Brainstorm vote for DEB:
http://maemo.org/community/brainstorm/view/keep_deb_for_meego/

Greets

Pavel